About Me

My photo
I'm an Aussie who likes wandering all over the world but keeps coming back home to paradise and my family. If you are reading this on one of my travel blogs, I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed creating them. If you are reading the Diabetes and weight loss blog - I hope it helps in your battle with the beast. Cheers, Alan
Follow loralgt on Twitter

Friday, November 03, 2006

Travel Tips and Opinions

Click on the link to go to the page.



Who, me?
Musing on Museums.
Planning on the Net
Travel, Money, Cards and Cheques in Foreign Lands
Bartering and Haggling in Foreign Lands 
Travel Tips From a Peripatetic Wanderer
Travel Tips Index
Where Do You Want To Go and What Do You Want To Do and See?
From Home to Hondarribia via Kuala Lumpur and Paris
Health and Safety While Travelling

2 comments:

  1. Really liked your reply to a traveler planning a first trip to Europe, where you drew a distinction between the butterfly and the bee. My husband and are much the former and often find advice that is too cautious about moving around. Then again, they probably come back from trips more rested.

    Anyway, nicely put!

    Ashley
    www.hitherandthither.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. For those unaware of the exchange, the reference is to a comment in this thread on the Fodor's forum: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/first-trip-to-europe-197304-2.cfm

    Ashley, I'm wandering around your interesting blog at the moment. NYC is one of my favourite cities, although, as a butterfly, I've only been there three times for a total of nine days over eight years:)

    Like you, I write my travel blog as a record for myself. In 20 years time, when I'm in my eighties and the memories fade when I look back, I want to be able to remind myself of all the places I've been and this seems a good way to do that.

    If others happen to enjoy the vicarious travel - that's great too.

    Cheers, Alan

    ReplyDelete